Team Pie- 3WA Knitting Olympics Team

3WA does the knitting olympics! We're members of a completely serious, no snark ever allowed discussion board who enjoy knitting granny squares and ridiculously complicated floral intarsia smocked dresses for our perfect children. OK. We're a bunch of smartassed snarkmeisters who knit, curse, joke, and blather.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Finally in the groove

I'm just about done with the back of my sweater; about 3-4 more rows to go, which I should be able to knock off in 20-30 minutes or so. I'm behind schedule, if you pay strict attention to the calendar, but I'm still determined to make it. You know how it sometimes takes a while to find the rhythm when you're working on a big project? That's sort of where I was until last night. The yarn is gorgeous, I love the new needles, but I've been overly cautious and slow, because of the slippy nature of my materials. I am mildly worried about how slippy this yarn is going to be when I switch over to the Addis to knit the collar, but right now, I just have a heck of a lot of ribbing and stockinette to kick out in a fairly short space of time, so I'm putting the collar out of my mind.

There is one thing I don't like about using yarn that has man-made fibre in it; I can't just splice it when it's time for a new skein, which means way more ends to weave in. I hate weaving in ends. Can't somebody PLEASE sell a readily-available pure cashmere/wool blend in the UK? Please?

I will never forgive Jaeger for discontinuing Cashair and Cashmina. Never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home