Team Pie- 3WA Knitting Olympics Team

3WA does the knitting olympics! We're members of a completely serious, no snark ever allowed discussion board who enjoy knitting granny squares and ridiculously complicated floral intarsia smocked dresses for our perfect children. OK. We're a bunch of smartassed snarkmeisters who knit, curse, joke, and blather.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Gearing up

So, I just finished- and I do mean finished, that beast is seamed, ends woven in, and currently blocking- Jerry's 'Fergus' from Rowan Bigger Picture, as the thought of starting a new project for KO with that unfinished filled me with guilt and shame. But as I triumphantly reclined last night, finally allowing myself to- oh- look at the pattern for the sweater I'm doing for KO, I realized...

It's on bigger needles than I thought. Reducing the challenge level a smidge as it will go faster. Hrm.

So, Knit Olympians. Give me your feedback. Do I throw down the gauntlet to myself and:

a. Knit one sweater and one earflap hat as my KO projects
b. Knit one sweater, one hat, one set of mittens as my KO projects
c. Knit TWO sweaters as my KO projects
d. Stick with one sweater, anything else is a bonus.

3 Comments:

Blogger ana said...

Do two sweaters! Not because I am a sadistic bitch, or anything, but because, dude, two Rowan sweaters are better than one Rowan sweater.

More seriously, do the one and whatever else you want, depending on how much time you have left when you're done.

Also, I am contemplating making that Fergus sweater for Phil. Is it insanely hard?

3:25 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Sharpe said...

It was actually ridiculously easy except for the freaking pick up and knit the rib knit collar, only because you're then wrangling the entire enormity of the sweater as you do it. And, as always, setting in the sleeves on a rowan big wool pattern is a bitch. All told, though, it went faster than my previous sweaters finishing wise- 2 hours for setting in sleeves, 2 hours for seaming sleeves and sides.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Sharpe said...

I'm thinkin it's the Beth plus a Jude, and then bangin out hats for the Dulaan project.

God help me.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home